A.Quality Council of India
Established in 1997 through a Cabinet decision of the Government of India (GoI) – QCI is an autonomous organization under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry. It was established as the national body for accreditation and quality promotion in the country. The Council was established to provide a credible, reliable mechanism for third party assessment of products, services and processes which is accepted and recognized globally.
B. Accreditation Boards of QCI
1. National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH)
2. National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB)
3. National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
4. National Accreditation Board for Education and Training (NABET)
5. National Board for Quality Promotion (NBQP)
C. National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers
NABH is a constituent board of Quality Council of India, set up to establish and operate accreditation and other allied programmes for healthcare organizations. The mission of NABH is to operate accreditation and allied programs in collaboration with stakeholders focusing on patient safety and quality of healthcare by adopting various national/international best practices.
D. Global Recognition:
NABH is an Institutional Member as well as a Board member of the International Society for Quality in Health Care (lSQua) and on board of Asian Society for Quality in Healthcare (ASQua).